Thursday, February 7, 2013

Old Man Winter is Kicking My Ass

It is not writer's block that has kept me from delivering the next installment of my Lyme disease journey, it’s exhaustion mixed with increased achiness and a side of grumpiness. It turns out that cold, damp weather exacerbates my symptoms. The roller coaster winter we are experiencing is zapping me of my energy. It is also making the rusty feeling in my joints worse. If you live near me there is no need to tune into the weather channel, contact me and based on the intensity of my joint and muscular pain, I will provide you with the most accurate forecast in town! 

I love winter. In fact I am usually annoyed by the lack of snow in the DC area. Right now I am thankful for the fact that the big blizzard forecast for this weekend is way north of us. I probably wouldn't be able to get out of bed if that storm hit here. Speaking of getting out of bed, I have written a haiku that I hope captures the grace of my morning ritual when it is cold and damp outside. 

Thump

Slide to side of bed, 
cascading over the edge.
Wow, the floor is hard. 



4 comments:

  1. When did you get a bike? That is a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it would make a great picture so when a random dude in a parking lot in Phoenix asked me if I wanted to sit on his bike after he saw me checking it out, I did! the only bike I own requires me to peddle :)

      Delete
  2. Ouch, I hope the predicted snow over the next couple of days doesn't bother you too much.

    But you never told me you have "old man weather radar". There's always a silver lining :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though that snow never materialized, the change in atmospheric pressure did bad things to me. Can't wait for warmer weather!

      Delete